Career Opportunities - Faculty
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated in listing:
All applications should be submitted electronically (preferably in PDF format) to the contact email address listed in the position description. The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes.
All faculty applications should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (with contact information)
- Official graduate transcript (required if selected for interview)
Bloomfield College seeks adjunct faculty to teach courses in database technologies, operating systems and computer security. Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree. Previous teaching experience is preferred. These classes will be taught on-campus in Bloomfield, NJ.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Steve Kreutzer at email@example.com.
The Bloomfield College Natural Science and Mathematics Division has a number of sections of Transition to Collegiate Math, College Algebra, and Pre-Calculus that need instructors for the Fall 2016 semester. The semester begins on August 29, 2016.
Classes are at the freshman level, meet Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays during the day, and are supported by mandatory review sessions on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Instructors have the choice of teaching both the class and the review sessions or having the review sessions directed by another individual. Applicants must possess a minimum of a Master’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, or a related field. Teaching experience at the secondary or collegiate level preferred.
If interested, please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Dr. Grace Cook at Grace_Cook@bloomfield.edu.
Reports To: Assistant Director International Programs
Department: The Office of International Training and Professional Studies
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
- Classroom management
- Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
- Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises.
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work.
- Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students.
- Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times.
- Counseling individual students on academic progress.
- Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school.
- Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities.
- Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records.
- MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
- Native speaker of English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Daniel Gerger, Director of Operations and Professional Studies at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.