Career Opportunities - Faculty
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated in listing:
All applications should be submitted electronically (preferably in PDF format) to the contact email address listed in the position description. The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes.
All faculty applications should include:
- Letter of Application
- Curriculum vitae
- Three letters of recommendation (with contact information)
- Official graduate transcript (required if selected for interview)
Bloomfield College invites applications for a full time, tenure track position, at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Division of Creative Arts & Technology for the 2016-2017 academic year. We are seeking a skilled multidisciplinary new media artist with expertise in game creation and interactive storytelling environments that incorporate several forms of new media: digital photography, 2D/3D animation, electronic music, video, performance, 3D printing, physical computing, creative coding, interactive, locative, web-based art making, mobile design & development, UX design, virtual reality. Openness to experimentation in many creative disciplines is expected, along with a deep commitment to understanding race and class issues and the ability to relate to a diverse student population. Responsibilities include teaching six courses per year in related curriculum, and other courses based on the specializations of the candidate hired.
The successful candidate should have the appropriate terminal degree for their field (MFA, PhD, or equivalent), proven excellence in teaching with at least three years of prior teaching experience, a strong professional record of exhibitions, publications or productions. Knowledge of traditional and contemporary art, theory and criticism is expected.
Applicants should submit the following as two PDF files:
1) Cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, list of three references and contact information, teaching philosophy, and URL(s) for an online portfolio of work. Optional: writing samples, maximum ten pages. Maximum PDF file size: 5 MB.
2) Examples of creative work documentation: maximum 20 still images and/or video with links embedded in a PDF. Maximum PDF file size: 5 MB.
Please send the two PDF files, with subject heading: Full Time Search, to: email@example.com. Electronic submissions only. No hard copies will be accepted, no phone calls please. Salary commensurate with experience.
Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled; applications received by January 15th are guaranteed consideration. Please indicate if you will be attending CAA.
The Division of Business at Bloomfield College invites applications for a tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor of Accounting for the 2016-2017 academic year. We are interested in a candidate who can teach all courses in Accounting. The successful candidate will have a course load of 3/3 over two semesters. Applicants should have an earned Ph.D. or M.B.A./C.P.A. with teaching experience at the graduate level.
Applicants must electronically submit (PDF format preferred) a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and three letters of recommendation with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Electronic submissions only, no phone calls please). Official graduate transcripts will be required of applicants accepted for an interview. Search will remain open until filled.
Bloomfield College seeks adjunct faculty to teach Obstetrical Nursing for Spring 2016. Didactic and clinical opportunity for an individual with current experience in labor & delivery, post-partum care, and newborn nursery. Experience teaching in the clinical setting and the ability to relate to a diverse student population is preferred.
- Master’s degree in nursing and an active New Jersey RN license.
- Personal Malpractice Insurance
- CPR Certification
- Mantoux (within the year)
- Proof of Health Clearance
Please send cover letter, resume and contact information for three references to Neddie Serra, Chair, Nursing Division, at email@example.com. Position will remain open until filled.
Bloomfield College seeks adjunct faculty to teach courses in database technologies, operating systems and computer security. Candidates must have at least a Master’s degree. Previous teaching experience is preferred. These classes will be taught on-campus in Bloomfield, NJ.
Please send cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references to Steve Kreutzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reports To: Assistant Director International Programs
Department: The Office of International Training and Professional Studies
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
- Classroom management
- Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest.
- Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups;
- Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises.
- Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work.
- Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students.
- Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times.
- Counseling individual students on academic progress.
- Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school.
- Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities.
- Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records.
- MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
- Native speaker of English
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
- Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions.
- Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Daniel Gerger, Director of Operations and Professional Studies at email@example.com.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.