|Mon., Dec. 9 2013
|Finals Weeks Begins||
24-hour Quiet Hours in effect for the remainder of the Fall 2013 semester.
Overnight guest privileges suspended for the remainder of Fall 2013 semester.
|Wed., Dec. 11 2013||Winter Intersession||
The deadline for consideration for Winter Intersession housing is Wednesday, December 11, 2013.
ANY REQUESTS AFTER WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11th WILL NOT BE HONORED.
|Mon., Dec. 16 2013||Winter Break||
All Residence Halls will close for Winter Break at 10:00pm.
Shuttle Service will be suspended after the 10:30pm UC shuttle pick up to Main campus.
Gourmet Dining will close for Winter Break at 8pm.
All continuing residential students must be registered for the upcoming Spring semester no later than December 16, 2013 in order to keep their current housing assignment for next semester.
After December 16, 2013, students who are not registered for the Spring 2014 semester will be removed from housing and will be placed on the housing wait-list.
|Tues., Jan. 14 2014||Spring Move-In||Spring 2014 Move-In 9am - 5pm
|Wed., Jan. 15 2014||Spring Semester||Classes Resume|
The Fall 2013 semester ends on December 16, 2013 at 10pm. All resident students must follow the semester closing procedures:
Check Out Procedures
- Check-out will be conducted between December 9-16, 2013 with your RA. Only students who can provide written confirmation of a final exam past 6pm on Dec 16 will be allowed to stay until December 17 9am.
- Keys must be returned to Resident Advisors. In the event that your Resident Advisor is unavailable at the time of your departure, you may complete an Express Checkout form/envelope and drop it off to either Security (between 12:00am - 8:30am) or the REH office (between 8:30 am - 4:00pm).
- Resident students should take all valuable belongings home and make sure that all windows are closed; if refrigerators are left in the room, they must be unplugged, defrosted, and cleaned out. The College will not assume any responsibility for property left in students’ rooms or unauthorized storage space in any residence facility. Students who are withdrawing from housing must remove all belongings from residence halls. All rooms must be left in satisfactory conditions.
- Please note that during the intersession break, the facilities department will perform routine maintenance in varies rooms throughout the residence halls. Any student leaving personal belongings in their rooms must place them in plastic bins, suitcases, or bags in the middle of their room.
University Centre Students:
- All residents at the University Centre must make an appointment to return your apartment key(s) to your Resident Advisor during the times provided. If the BC staff members are unavailable at the time of your departure, you can utilize the Express Check Out procedure. You can receive an Express Check-Out Form from the UC RA/RD. Keys not returned will be considered lost. A new key and lock charge will be issued at the student’s expense.
- All residents at the UC who are approved to stay will remain in the same UC apartment. All other UC residents are encouraged to take their entire valuable belongings home.
Dining Facilities, Shuttle Service, and Mail Distribution will not be available during the Winter Intersession.
If you have any questions or concerns, please visit the Office of Residential Education & Housing, call us at (973)748-9000 ext. 1247, or email us at Residence_Life@blomfield.edu.