Resume and Cover Letter
Does your resume present your qualifications in a way that will grab the employer's attention?
Preparing professional level, quality resumes and cover letters are key to the internship and job search process. There is an art and a science to writing these documents.
The career counselors in the Center for Career Development are eager to share their expertise with you. Through individual meetings, they provide assistance to students and alumni. During these meetings, you will have the opportunity to think about and analyze your experience and skills. Students are always surprised at how using the "right word" can transform a resume.
Quality is our standard. All resumes posted on the BC Career Connections job board and those prepared through the Optimal Resume System are reviewed and critiqued before they are approved.
Our resume preparation services include:
- Individual career counseling sessions
- Handouts and guide sheets
- Resume and cover letter review and critiques
- Individual feedback
- An on-line system for creating resumes, cover letters, e-portfolios and professional websites, Optimal Resume
The Optimal System provides you with a variety of on-lines tools to help you CREATE, PRESENT, MANAGE and SHARE your professional credentials - resumes, cover letters, and portfolios. In addition, you can create a professional website!
Register today. Be sure to use your Bloomfield email address as your user name. This system is available to Bloomfield students and alumni.
Use the Optimal System to:
- Create high-impact, interactive career materials based on your career goals
- View sample resumes and cover letters
- Watch videos and participate in training webinars
- Present your materials online — with an easy-to-use website builder
- Download your materials in a number of formats
- Store your resumes and cover letters in one centralized site
- Share your credentials with your network through your own professional website and across social networking sites
Resumes and cover letters are reviewed and approved by the Career Counselors. If your documents need editing, you will be contacted by a counselor. If you are using the Optimal Resume System, be sure to submit these documents to the on-line REVIEW CENTER for approval.