The Center for Career Development at Bloomfield College recognizes that career development is a lifelong process. Alumni are welcome to utilize our programs and services. These include:
- Individual appointments with an experienced career counselor
- E-counseling for those who cannot visit the office
- Resume and cover letter critiques
- The opportunity to complete self-assessment inventories
Alumni are welcomed to attend our workshops, career fairs, and employer panels. Our services are invaluable to alumni who are in career transition due to personal choice or downsizing.
In addition, we need our Alumni to share their expertise with our undergraduates. The students are energized by meeting Bloomfield alumni at our Meet the Professionals panels, which are held twice a year.
Individual Counseling Sessions
Please call for an appointment in advance: 973-748-9000, ext. 1250.
Send an email to the Director or Assistant Director with your questions. We respond to emails within 48 hours.
Carol Ruiz, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Marie Tutiven, email@example.com
If you are interested in taking the Myers Briggs Type Indicator or Strong Interest Inventory, these assessments are available for a modest fee. Upon completion and review, a counselor will meet with you to interpret the results and determine an action plan.
Career Resource Library and Computer Lab
- The Career Resource Library with four computer stations is available for internet research.
- There are magazines and books to review, as well as handouts to take home.
Explore Majors and Career Options
This great resource enables you to review all the fields which employ your major. You will be surprised at the range of opportunities.
BC Career Connections
Searching of a new position?
- Go to: BC Career Connections: Students (and Alumni)
- Compete a profile
- Upload and store your resumes and cover letters
- Apply for jobs
- Track your applications
- Review BC Career Connections Resource Center for valuable career management information
- Link to Career Builder for national and local job opportunities
Interested in hiring a student intern? Do you want to post a part-time or full time opportunity? Would you like to register for one of our job fairs?
- To post an internship, job or volunteer opportunity, go to: BC Career Connections: Employers
- 24/7 access
Use this on-line system to create and store resumes, cover letters and portfolio materials. This system offers you the opportunity to create a free professional website.
- View samples and video tutorials: resumes, cover letter, e-portfolios, and website development
- Create and store your resumes and cover letters
- 24/7 access
- Click on this link to get started: Optimal Resume
Mentoring/Panel Presentations/Externship Opportunities
We need you to assist us in the career development of the undergraduates!
- If interested in sharing your knowledge and experience with our students by conducting an information session, providing an externship experience, or serving as a mentor, please contact, Carol Ruiz, Director.
Job Search Links
- New Jersey Top Employers
- Top Diversity Employers
- Career Builder.com, via BC Career Connections
What are you doing now?
- Please let us know what you are doing today
- Log in and complete this survey. This information is valuable to us and will be kept confidential
- Be sure to log on to find out more about your fellow alumni
- Learn about events
Not sure where to begin? Please call our office or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org