The BCPass card is the College's official means of identification, enabling students, faculty and staff to access essential services and facilities on campus, including dining halls, campus buildings, libraries, events, recreation centers, campus building access and more. As an official ID card, the BCPass card will also be accepted by Bloomfield College to verify your identification when conducting personal business with the College such as the Office of Student Financial Services, Health Services and other departments of the College where personal and confidential information will be exchanged. The BCPass card is also used for monetary transactions for BC Flex, BC Bucks, and BC Books.
Bloomfield College has a responsibility to protect the identity of its students, faculty and staff and must ensure that personal information is not shared unless appropriate identification is provided. As an institution Bloomfield College is bound by Federal FERPA (Family Educational Rights Privacy Act) regulations that are intended to protect the privacy of students’ education records and Federal HIPPA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) regulations that are intended to protect the privacy of health records. Therefore, the identification verification process required prior to issuance of the BCPass ID card requires official forms of identification as outlined in this policy.
Students, Faculty and Staff who are obtaining a BCPass ID Card for the first time must show one piece of government issued photo ID such as:
- United States issued driver’s license
- Passport (any country)
- Alien Registration Card
- State ID
- Military ID
- Non-Driver ID (http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Licenses/NonDriverID.htm)
- Any Photo ID (i.e. High School photo ID, Employer ID, credit card with photo, etc.) and one piece of non-photo government ID (i.e. official birth certificate, social security card, marriage license, military discharge papers, etc.)
Students, Faculty and Staff who require a replacement ID (i.e. damaged, lost, stolen) require the following ID:
- Receipt from Office of Student Financial Services Office showing $10 payment for the cost of the replacement BCPass ID Card; and
- One piece of government issued photo ID such as those indicated above; or two pieces of ID from the following list:
- High School photo ID, Employer photo ID or other college photo ID
- Bloomfield College Statement of Account addressed to home
- Official birth certificate
- Official marriage license
- Official social security card
- Credit Card
- ATM Card
- Bank Statement or record
- Health or Dental Insurance Card or Prescription Card
We know that protecting your identity is important to you and it is important to Bloomfield College too. Thank you for participating with us in protecting your identity.