S.E.R.V.E. will serve as a clearinghouse for community service and volunteerism, benefiting students, non-profit organizations, and the citizens of Bloomfield College, Essex County, and beyond. S.E.R.V.E. will also function as a resource for the development of service-learning partnerships between Bloomfield College students and community organizations, promoting an ethic of civic engagement and public service. S.E.R.V.E. will help prepare students as socially responsible citizens, who can become leaders and decision makers in their chosen fields continuing the volunteerism they experienced at Bloomfield College. The value of volunteerism is promoted through annual recognition and awards for individuals and clubs.
The Four Main Functions of S.E.R.V.E.:
1. Recording & Collecting Data:
- Students, Club & Organizations, Departments & Classes complete Community Service forms which are collected by CSLE and entered into a spreadsheet to track service completed
- Organizations service provided to
- Hours completed by Bloomfield College Students
2. Providing various community service focused events/activities for students:
- SERVE Coordinator would provide 2-3 small community service activities per semester, 2 Large community service events per year, and 1 campus wide Community Service Day.
3. Serve as a liaison between various non-profit/community service based organizations and Bloomfield College:
- Build relationships with local community service based organizations
- Provide information and contacts for Bloomfield College students who are seeking volunteer activities.
4. Awards & Recognition:
- Recognize Club/Organization with Community Service Award at the Annual Awards Ceremony
- Recognize students who have completed a minimum amount of community service with honor chords at graduation