Before technology in the CTLT Support Lab is ready for group training, the following workshops are always available on request:
- Introduction to Blackboard (60 minutes) - For new users or those who need a refresher on basic uses of Blackboard with students.
- Managing Blackboard Course Materials (45 minutes) - Learn how to add materials and move materials between course sites
- Keep Students on Track (45 minutes) -- Learn how to use Performance Dashboard and early warning System, and Course Reporting tool to monitor students’ activities in Blackboard
- Blackboard Discussion Board (60 minutes) - Learn how to set up a discussion forum, discuss best practices for facilitating online discussions, explore methods for assessing student contributions, and consider ways to improve efficiency when reading and responding to student messages
- Introduction to Assessment Tools (60 minutes) - Learn the basics to use Quizzes, Tests, and Surveys in Blackboard
- Advanced Bb: Using Assignment (30 minutes) – Learn how to use Assignment tool to collect students’ work electronically and manage grades and feedback
- Advanced Bb: Managing Assessment Effectively (60 minutes) - Learn how to use pools and existing assessment resources to generate assessment and manage assessment effectively
- Introduction to Grade Center (45 minutes) - Learn the basics to post and manage grades
- Advanced Bb: Grade Center (45 minutes) - For existing users of Blackboard interested in keeping track of student grades online and managing grades online & offline.
- Using SafeAssignment (30 minutes) – Learn how to use and manage SafeAssignment to collect students’ papers and check plagiarism
- Blackboard: Rubrics (45 minutes) - For existing Blackboard users who are interested in using Blackboard’s new Rubric tool to assess student work.
- Blackboard Wikis and Blogs (45 minutes) - Learn how to enhance student interaction in online and blended courses.
- PowerPoint 1 (45 minutes) - Creating Basic Presentations with PowerPoint
- PowerPoint 2 (45 minutes) - Advanced PowerPoint Techniques Using PowerPoint 2010
- PowerPoint 3 (45 minutes) - Narrate and Create Online Video from Your PowerPoint Presentations
- Prezi or PowerPoint? (75 minutes) - Learn how to use Prezi and why you might use it instead of PowerPoint
Faculty interested in learning any topic above, contact Yifeng Bai (campus ext. 1790, email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to make an arrangement.