CLEP - Registration Procedure
|REGISTRATION PROCEDURE||TESTING DATES||REGISTRATION FORM|
REGISTER TO TAKE THE CLEP TEST AT BLOOMFIELD COLLEGE
- Select your testing date
Contact Testing Coordinator, Brian Lo Rocco to find out what testing dates are available.
973-748-9000 ext. 1239 or Brian_Lorocco@bloomfield.edu.
Seating is limited and test registration is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Fill out the Bloomfield CLEP registration form
Return completed registration form to: Brian_lorocco@bloomfield.edu or fax: (973) 748-9761
- There is a non-refundable registration fee of $25. To reserve a testing seat, the fee must be paid prior to taking the exam. Seating is limited and available on a first come, first served basis. Payment can be processed in two ways:
In person: The registration fee can be paid by money order, personal check, bank check, or cash. Bank checks or money orders should be made payable to “Bloomfield College” and paid at the Bursar’s office.
Over the phone: To make a payment over the phone with a credit card, contact the Bursar’s office at 973-748-9000 ext. 1218 or 1202.
The Bursar’s normal hours of operation are 8:30am - 4:30pm weekdays.
- After your registration form and payment have been received, you will receive a testing confirmation via email.
NOTE: CLEP requires test takers to pay an $80 testing fee, which must paid through the College Board website prior to the exam date. CLEP provides each student with a ticket voucher that must be presented to the proctor on the day of the exam. Two valid forms of photo ID must also be presented on the day of the exam. Please consult the CLEP website for details. http://clep.collegeboard.org/exam?s_kwcid=TC|7002|clep||S|e|18024095684
- Before registering, please check with your institution regarding allowable examination credit.
BLOOMFIELD COLLEGE REGISTRATION POLICIES:
- CLEP registration fee is non-refundable.
- Bloomfield’s CLEP registration fee is valid for six months. If the CLEP exam is not taken within a six month period, the student will have to repay the registration fee.
- Only one CLEP exam may be taken per testing date.
- Rescheduling is valid once per registration fee. If a student needs to reschedule more than once, the student will be subject to a new registration fee.
- Checks that do not clear are subject to an additional $35 fee.
- After one no show (that is without calling or emailing to postpone or cancel), the student will no longer be permitted to register for CLEP exams at Bloomfield College.
- All CLEP exams are administered online.
- Bloomfield College is a testing center only; we have no authority over the CLEP examinations or their administration. Please refer to the College Board website for more information about the CLEP exam: http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html.
- Select a test date that allows you sufficient time to prepare for the test. If an emergency situation arises that requires you to postpone testing, contact the Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) Department at 973-748-9000 ext. 1239 or email email@example.com cc: CLEP@bloomfield.edu. Registrants who do not call to postpone or cancel may not be permitted to register for future test dates. Only one reschedule is permitted per registration.
- Only test takers are allowed in the testing area.
- Two valid photo ID’s must be presented at the time of the exam. Please consult the CLEP website for acceptable forms of ID: http://clep.collegeboard.org/.
- If proper ID is not presented, the student will not be permitted to take the test.
- Students must present a CLEP ticket voucher to the proctor on the day of the exam.
Bloomfield College Students: credit will only be given to students who have no outstanding tuition bills.
PER CLEP regulations, the following items are NOT permitted in the test center:
- Any device capable of recording audio, photographic or video content, or capable of viewing or playing back such content
- Any unauthorized testing aids
- Calculators (a calculator function is built into the software for some exams)
- Candidate-provided keyboards
- Cellular phones/pagers, smart phones, beepers, walkie-talkies, PDAs or wireless communication devices (e.g., BlackBerry, iPad)
- Dictionaries, books, pamphlets, or reference materials
- Digital cameras
- Digital watches (wrist or pocket), alarm watches, or wristwatch cameras
- Flash/thumb drives or any other portable electronic devices
- Food, beverages or tobacco products
- Hats (unless worn as a religious requirement)
- Listening devices, such as radios, media players with headphones, or recorders
- Mechanical pencils or any type of pen or highlighter
- Nonmedical electronic devices
- Papers of any kind (scratch paper will be provided by the test center administrator)
- Slide rulers, protractors or compasses, or rulers
- Weapons or firearms
TIPS for TESTERS
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to exam start time.
- Be sure to bring your CLEP ticket voucher and two valid forms of ID.
- If you are more than ten minutes late, you will not be allowed to enter and will have to reschedule the exam.
- Request special accommodations if necessary prior to the exam date.
- Read instructions carefully.
- Know your rights as a test taker.
- Full working time allowed for taking the exam.
- Reasonably quiet and comfortable place in which to work.
- If a poor testing situation exists, ask the proctor to report an incident directly to CLEP for investigation.
- To do so, write a letter describing the exact circumstances as completely as you can. Include:
- Name of test center
- Test date
- Name of the exam taken
- Mail letter to:
PO Box 6601
Princeton, NJ 08541-6601