|REGISTRATION PROCEDURE||TESTING DATES||REGISTRATION FORM|
For CLEP (College Level Examination Program) testing please contact:
Tel: 973-748-9000 ext 1239
Learning Resource Center - Front Office
Because not all college-level learning takes place in the classroom, Bloomfield College accepts credit through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and Portfolio Learning Assessment (PLA). A maximum of 16 course units may be earned through CLEP exams (including College Board Placement examinations) and Portfolio Learning Assessment.
To register for CLEP exams, Bloomfield College students must have:
- Completed a minimum of one semester at the College before taking a CLEP exam
- Completed any necessary foundation courses
- Completed the prerequisite(s) for the course for which they wish to take the CLEP exam
- A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
Examination credit is applicable to the fulfillment of the major and General Education requirements, subject to the approval of the advisor for that major.
Students must register in advance through the Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL).
CLEP exams cannot be taken as a repeat of a course already taken at any institution.
CLEP credits accepted in transfer are subject to evaluation criteria established by Bloomfield College.
The registration fee must be paid in advance in order to reserve a testing spot.
- In person – exact cash, check, money order
- By phone – debit/credit Bloomfield College Bursar (973) 748-9000 ext.1218
- By mail – check or money order (recommend sending mail with insurance/tracking)
Mail CLEP registration form to:
Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CLEP)
467 Franklin St.
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
or you may e-mail the registration form to: CLEP@bloomfield.edu
Spaces are limited, so register early!