Jersey Strong- BC Cares Hurricane Relief Project
Error messageThe specified file temporary://fileREhI7b could not be copied, because the destination directory is not properly configured. This may be caused by a problem with file or directory permissions. More information is available in the system log.
Update November 20, 2012:
The Pajama Program is being run by the Honors Program and the Alpha Chi, Psi Chi, Delta Mu Delta, and Kappa Delta Pi Honors Societies. They are seeking new children’s pajamas and new children’s books. For health reasons, the pajamas must be new. The program seeks to help children who are cold and frightened by giving them warm pajamas and a bedtime book to ease their fears. The drive will take place on December 5 and 6 and donations can be dropped off at either College Hall of the Student Center on Liberty Street. These donations will be accepted from 9:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Update November 14, 2012:
On October 29, 2012, Hurricane Sandy hit New Jersey and other areas of the US. Many people lost loved ones, homes, businesses and access to resources and services. While we all felt the impact of the devastation, others including members of the Bloomfield College community suffered unimaginable losses.
In an effort to support our campus family and surrounding communities, the College has created the Jersey Strong-BC Cares Hurricane Relief Project. The planning committee for the project consists of concerned students and staff members from Student Affairs and Enrollment Management.
Some of the recent project relief initiatives include the following:
- On-going Donation Drive - located in the Student Center Lobby. The Center for Student Leadership & Engagement seeks donations of toiletries, baby food/diapers, blankets, quilts and pillows, new undergarments and bottled water.
- Monetary Donations - can be made directly to the Bursar’s Office through the Community Service Fund Account. All proceeds will be used to help those affected by the hurricane.
- Sale of Jersey Strong BC Cares t-shirts and/or buttons - For purchase, visit or contact the Center for Student Leadership & Engagement. The logo design was created by Veronica Dodrill, BC Creative Arts & Technology major.
- BCSG, Clubs and Organizations - are participating in various fundraising and community service initiatives to support the relief efforts.
- Volunteer Organizations - working currently with a local church to help with cleaning of homes of residents in Ocean County, NJ and providing collected donations to the Salvation Army.
- Wellness Center (Personal Counseling and Chaplain Offices) - providing counseling and support services for anyone who wants to process their thoughts, emotions, reactions and experiences related to Hurricane Sandy and its aftermath.
Since Hurricane Sandy, we have discovered that a number of our students, faculty and staff have expressed how they were directly impacted by the storm. Bloomfield cares deeply about the hearts, experiences and needs of the community. If you have a need at this time, please contact either Rose Mitchell, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, ext. 1245 or Jamie Shahin, Enrollment Services Coordinator, ext. 1220.