Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: email@example.com The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
- Acts as a receptionist and point of contact for OSD.
- Supports the Coordinator with scheduling appointments and exam proctoring
- Supports the Coordinator with maintaining and tracking data regarding student clients and student employees
- Assists with proctoring of exams and coordinating of note-taking services
- Coordinate student adaptive text requests,including assigning scanning to student workers
- Processes contracts for all OSD part-time employees
- Maintains an organized filing system for all OSD files and forms; Organizes reception area
- Assists with maintenance and orders of office equipment and supplies for OSD office
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars of all CITEL staff; schedule rooms as needed for proctoring.
- Types and files, vouchers, purchase orders, and expense forms for OSD; Processes purchase orders, payments, billing for OSD
- Assists with processing part-time timesheets for payroll
- Assists with the maintenance of confidential files, and exams, including the secure pick up and delivery of exams
- Maintaining the note taking service on Blackboard
- Assist with the recruitment and training of note-takers and proctors
- Attends and represents OSD at various campus wide events
- Administers all other clerical duties pertaining to the OSD office, which includes answering phones, responding to emails, routing incoming calls, receiving and distributing mail, assisting with updating Facebook, Twitter and other social media and typing correspondences and meeting notes as necessary
- Fulfills all other duties as deemed necessary by the Coordinator of OSD
- Minimum high school diploma + two years of post-secondary education. Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of office administration, management, organization, coordination, facilitation. A strong interest in Special Education or Counseling preferred. Candidate should possess excellent organizational skills, communication & interpersonal skills, computer literacy, which includes a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Publisher, Blackboard, as well as the ability to learn other computer applications and assistive technology as needed. Strong sense of ethics and integrity, particularly with respect to confidentiality and legal matters. Also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, be objective, think logically, and make rational decisions and implement them efficiently and effectively. The position requires a self-reliant, detailed, focused, and independent thinker, with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Applicants must electronically submit (PDF format preferred) a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information to OSD@bloomfield.edu. Applications will be accepted by electronic submission only. Please, no phone calls. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Part Time Tutors
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time science tutors beginning January 2015.
Part Time Tutors/Writing Consultants
The Writing Center at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time tutors/writing consultants for writing in the social sciences beginning January 2015.
Bloomfield College is seeking a motivated, creative, ambitious Full-Time Resident Director (RD) to join our Residential Education and Housing Department (REH). This is a twelve-month live-on position managing a residence area of approximately 250 + undergraduate and international students within 2-3 co-educational residential facilities. The Resident Director will supervise 8-12 student para-professionals in providing excellent services, programming initiatives, and support to residents. The position serves on a campus-wide crisis management duty rotation and is under the supervision of the Director of Residential Education and Housing. The position requires an ability to promote student academic success; provide leadership for positively managing a diverse student community and applying student development responses to the residence hall community, student concerns, staff supervision, student organization advising, and educational & social programming.
The Resident Director responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Assumes responsibility for the day-to-day operation of one or more assigned residence hall(s) addressing any unsatisfactory health and safety conditions.
Provides direct supervision and evaluation of student staff including assisting with the recruitment, selection placement and training of undergraduate hall staff.
Provides appropriate response to student concerns and behaviors including crisis situations, behavioral concerns and student conflicts including adjudicating College policy violations.
Advises, confers, and offers appropriate referrals for students who exhibit academic and personal concerns.
Supervises building(s) openings and closings at the beginning and end of each academic year, scheduled break periods and summer conferences.
Maintain an accurate inventory of all keys, equipment, supplies, and furniture within the residence halls.
Requests maintenance and custodial repairs and insure their completion in a timely manner.
Prepares all required reports, records and evaluations promptly and accurately as assigned.
Establish and maintain a positive working and collaborative relationship with Residence Life Central Office Staff, custodial staff, physical plant staff, and staff from other offices and departments within the Division of Student Affairs and the College.
Regularly participate in campus events including speakers, programs and late night/weekend campus events.
Participate in rotation of on-call responsibilities for the Office of Residential Education and Housing.
Complete other assignments and duties as assigned by the Director of Residential Education and Housing or his/her designee.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ experience working in Residence Life required; Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Education, Counseling, or Higher Education preferred. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication, organization, problem solving skills and supervisory skills with a commitment to student development and first year experience. Candidate must have expertise in crisis management, program development, advising of diverse student groups and working with minority, non-traditional and international students. Individuals who are able to work in a continuously changing organization and are highly motivated are best suited for this position.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three references with full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org until December 13, 2014. PLEASE NO CALLS
Attn: Resident Director Committee
460 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Creative Arts and Technology IT Technician
Bloomfield College, a private institution of 2,000 students in Bloomfield, New Jersey, is searching for an IT professional for its Creative Arts & Technology academic program. This position reports to the Director of IT of the Creative Arts & Technology program and functions as a backup to that position. The successful candidate needs to have a working knowledge of graphics software, video technologies, and experience in a Mac workstation networked environment. The candidate must possess installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills with OS-X and Windows client machines, as well as server-based client management experience.
Additional components of the position include the use of Active Directory, SysPrep, NetInstall, OpenDirectory, DNS, AFP, SMB, etc. Experience with distributed network services and SharePoint environment are desirable.
Resumes with references should be sent to the following address: email@example.com
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.