Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Bloomfield College is seeking a full-time custodian. Candidate must be experienced in educational and industrial cleaning. Normal work hours are 6:00am-2:30pm Monday to Friday.
· Valid Driver’s License
· Reliable transportation
· Able to operate power floor equipment
· Must be able operate snow blowers
· At least three references
· Criminal background checks are performed
NO PHONE CALLS.
Fax resume to 973-748-6656 or
Mail to: Bloomfield College
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Attn: Jack McGrane
The coordinator is a full-time position within the Office of International Training and Professional Studies. The coordinator will serve as the primary contact for new international students attending Bloomfield College’s Global Initiative Programs (GIP). The coordinator will plan all international student arrival services and orientation programs serving 200-300 students each winter and summer in addition to another 50-75 each spring and fall. He/she will be responsible for orientation practices, arrival services, and providing support to all international students. The coordinator provides administrative and logistical support to the department with direction from the Associate Director of Global Programs. He/she will coordinate the Global Programs transportation and housing needs, orientations, plan program events/trips and assist students as needed.
Principal Function and Responsibilities
· Organizes orientation programs, cross-cultural events, and informational workshops for international students
· Coordinates all the logistical needs of programs including, but not limited to, student housing arrangements, all details of transportation and scheduling of classroom space
- Coordinate pre- and post-arrival of incoming new International Students including:
- Respond to student emails regarding arrival at Bloomfield College
- Maintains accurate and updated files and documentation for international students
- Collaborate with Admissions to maintain accurate database of expected arrivals each semester
- Receives, registers, and orients new and potential students as needed
- Schedule transportation from airport to Bloomfield College
- Keep current list of private vendors for transportation, hotels etc.
- Coordinate housing arrangement for new students
- Coordinate New International Student Orientation
- Coordinate Shopping Trips
- Coordinate all housing for GIP students both on and off campus in coordination with Student Affairs and Student Housing
- Assist in the scheduling of classroom space
- Prepare event materials
- Schedule speakers and space
- Oversee all event details to ensure the success of each event
- Organizes and leads excursions both locally and out of the area for international students.
- Organize GIP Weekly Shopping
- Liaison/Organize Semester Activities
- Liaison to Bloomfield Campus wide activities and events
- Assist the Associate Director of Global Programs to identify and implement best practices for related processes, policies and procedures
- Maintain a master list of current students/records
- Assist with overall office Crisis Management/Emergency plan
- Other duties as assigned by Associate Director of Global Programs
- Coordinate all events scheduled for GIP programs
- Office Duties
o Participates in staff development activities, including regular staff meetings
o Works cooperatively with all other staff members including program instructors, both within the division and with the campus at large, to maximize the short and long term success of the programs
o Supports ITPS to create promotional materials and proposals
o Helps to problem solve across the organization
· This position requires extended hours and limited time off during peak seasons (December/January and June through August.) Night and weekend work is required. Occasional weekend travel to cultural events and field trips will be required.
· A requirement of this position will be to drive department vehicles when necessary
· Bachelor’s degree
· Familiarity with F-1 and J-1 regulations and SEVIS
· Valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
· Experience working with international students
Must be detail oriented with strong customer/client service skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively, able to work independently with minimal supervision; and, able to work on various large projects simultaneously. Strong administrative skills, including MOS 2010 and Excel.
Apply by May 29, 2015
Bloomfield College is seeking a motivated, creative, ambitious Full-Time Resident Director (RD) to join our Residential Education and Housing Department (REH). This is a twelve-month live-on position managing a residence area of approximately 250 + undergraduate and international students within 2-3 co-educational residential facilities. The Resident Director will supervise 8-12 student para-professionals in providing excellent services, programming initiatives, and support to residents. The position serves on a campus-wide crisis management duty rotation and is under the supervision of the Director of Residential Education and Housing. The position requires an ability to promote student academic success; provide leadership for positively managing a diverse student community and applying student development responses to the residence hall community, student concerns, staff supervision, student organization advising, and educational & social programming.
The Resident Director responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
1. Assumes responsibility for the day-to-day operation of one or more assigned residence hall(s) addressing any unsatisfactory health and safety conditions.
2. Provides direct supervision and evaluation of student staff including assisting with the recruitment, selection placement and training of undergraduate hall staff.
3. Provides appropriate response to student concerns and behaviors including crisis situations, behavioral concerns and student conflicts including adjudicating College policy violations.
4. Advises, confers, and offers appropriate referrals for students who exhibit academic and personal concerns.
5. Supervises building(s) openings and closings at the beginning and end of each academic year, scheduled break periods and summer conferences.
6. Maintain an accurate inventory of all keys, equipment, supplies, and furniture within the residence halls.
7. Requests maintenance and custodial repairs and insure their completion in a timely manner.
8.Prepares all required reports, records and evaluations promptly and accurately as assigned.
9. Establish and maintain a positive working and collaborative relationship with Residence Life Central Office Staff, custodial staff, physical plant staff, and staff from other offices and departments within the Division of Student Affairs and the College.
10. Regularly participate in campus events including speakers, programs and late night/weekend campus events.
11. Participate in rotation of on-call responsibilities for the Office of Residential Education and Housing.
12. Complete other assignments and duties as assigned by the Director of Residential Education and Housing or his/her designee.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ experience working in Residence Life required; Master’s degree in Student Personnel, Education, Counseling, or Higher Education preferred. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication, organization, problem solving skills and supervisory skills with a commitment to student development and first year experience. Candidate must have expertise in crisis management, program development, advising of diverse student groups and working with minority, non-traditional and international students. Individuals who are able to work in a continuously changing organization and are highly motivated are best suited for this position.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three references with full contact information to email@example.com until May 4, 2015
PLEASE NO CALLS
Attn: Resident Director Committee
208 Liberty Street, 1st Floor
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Duties and responsibilities:
· Receives, reconciles and, when necessary, investigates accounts payable invoices.
· Codes and prepares payables for Accounts Payable to input.
· Communicates (both in verbal and written form) with employees, students and vendors
· Sorts and distributes large volume of mail
· Prepares appropriate schedules and reports as requested by supervisor
· Assists with the preparation of Form 1099-MISC
· Performs other duties as assigned from time to time by supervisor
· Bookkeeping experience including accounts payable, general ledger and financial reports required; associates degree preferred
· Ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism.
· Ability to operate calculator, computer, and other general office equipment.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing.
· Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential.
· Must have excellent interpersonal skills and customer service skills.
Salary & Benefits:
· Full time staff position with comprehensive benefit package.
· Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please forward letter of interest, resume and 3 business references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.