To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Bloomfield College, a private institution of 2,000 students in Bloomfield, New Jersey, is searching for an IT professional for its Creative Arts & Technology academic program. This position reports to the Director of IT of the Creative Arts & Technology program and functions as a backup to that position. The successful candidate needs to have a working knowledge of graphics software, video technologies, and experience in a Mac workstation networked environment. The candidate must possess installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills with OS-X and Windows client machines, as well as server-based client management experience.
Additional components of the position include the use of Active Directory, SysPrep, NetInstall, OpenDirectory, DNS, AFP, SMB, etc. Experience with distributed network services and SharePoint environment are desirable.
Resumes with references should be sent to the following address: email@example.com
Bloomfield College is seeking a full time skilled painter/maintenance worker.
Normal work hours 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday thru Friday
- Valid Driver’s License
- Reliable transportation
- Must be able to perform various maintenance repairs
- Must be able to operate snow blowers
- At least three references
- Criminal background checks are performed
Phone calls will not be accepted.
Fax resume to 973-748-6656 or
Mail: Bloomfield College
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Attn: Jack McGrane, Supt.
Buildings & Grounds
The Academic Support Coach (ASC) is a part-time temporary position (29 hours a week for 24 weeks) that will be housed in the Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL), at Bloomfield College.
The ASC is a guide, mentor and empathic collaborator who recognizes and values each student’s individual needs and interests. The ASC works with various cohorts of vulnerable students in one-on-one settings to help them realize their potential to succeed. Together, the ASC and student identify barriers to success, both within and outside of the academic environment, and create a plan of action.
Job Qualifications: M.A. required. Experience counseling and/or advising students in higher education. M.A. in Higher Education Leadership or Counseling desirable.
Implementation of Life Management Plans
- Work one-on-one with vulnerable students
- Establish rapport with students and learn their individual stories, needs and interests
- Help students identify barriers to success
- Implement person-centered, life management plans for students
- Use positive communication strategies to motivate students to reach their goals
- Use a variety of strategies to assist students in dealing effectively with and understanding their own challenges and how they can make changes in order to meet their goals
- Teach students how to advocate for themselves (with faculty etc.)
Collaboration and Participation
- Meet regularly with ASC team to collaborate about life management time, student updates, and other important information
- Meet and collaborate as needed about specific student progress
- Communicate regularly with the Director of CITEL to plan feedback in order to ensure quality, effective planning
- Monitor, evaluate and collect data on student progress and targeted skills
- Record data consistently and accurately according to specific guidelines
Applicants must electronically submit (PDF format preferred) a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted by electronic submission only. Please, no phone calls. If selected for an interview, official graduate transcripts will be required. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until position is filled.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.