Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Bloomfield College, a 148-year old college of 2000 plus students is committed to preparing students to attain academic, personal and professional excellence in a multicultural and global society.
The Center for Student Leadership and Engagement is searching for a Part-time Secretary. The Secretary reports directly to the Director of the C.S.L.E. The Secretary manages all clerical duties which include: data entry; filing; answering phones; scheduling appointments and maintaining office calendar; routing incoming calls; and typing correspondences. The Secretary is responsible for maintaining office equipment, ordering office supplies, assisting students at the information window, and assisting with budgeting responsibilities. The Secretary also shares the responsibility along with the Director and Coordinator of CSLE in supervising, training, and interviewing student employees (work-study).
Principle Functions and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates along with the CSLE Coordinator, student employment schedules, daily office tasks, projects and departmental/campus-wide programs, events, activities and trainings
- Maintains organized filing system for all CSLE documents
- Maintains and orders office equipment and supplies through ESM Solutions Procurement
- Schedules appointments and maintains calendars of all CSLE staff
- Types and files vouchers, purchase orders, and expense forms for the CSLE and all clubs/organizations
- Oversees data entry including but not limited to budget files, Orientation files, and club/organization files
- Collects information from Datatel as needed
- Maintains a working knowledge of all areas of CSLE pertaining to CSLE calendar & website, programs & events, clubs/organizations, leadership workshops, Orientation, etc.
- Attends and represents CSLE at various campus wide events including but not limited to, Orientation, Open House, and Deacon’s Fest
- Attends CSLE campus events/activities in the evening and weekends when needed
- Administers all other clerical duties pertaining to the CSLE which include, answering phones, responding to emails, routing incoming calls, assisting visitors at the information desk, and typing correspondences and meeting notes as necessary
- Manage and coordinate the room reservation calendar
- Fulfills all other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of the CSLE.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience that demonstrates knowledge and understanding of office administration, management, organization, coordination, facilitation, bookkeeping and/or report writing. Requires excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, and computer literacy including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, and email. Also requires the ability to manage multiple priorities, adhere to tight deadlines, be objective, think logically, and make strategic decisions and implement them efficiently and effectively. Requires a self-reliant, detailed, focused, and independent thinker, with a high degree of self-motivation.
Send cover letter, resume, and the names/addresses/telephone numbers of three professional references to:
Ms. Yuliana Gonzalez
Student Center, Talbott Hall
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Applications must be received by September 2, 2016
Position available immediately!
www.bloomfield.edu Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time Test Prep instructors for Fall 2016. Instructors need to be available for evening and Saturday hours.
Test Prep offered by Bloomfield College: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, SAT, TEAS and PRAXIS
Candidates must have strong academic skills in either quantitative or verbal areas.
Preferred majors/degrees include: Mathematics, Math Education, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Chemistry/Biochemistry, English, English Education, Literature, and/or History
- Minimum M.A./M.S. degree required.
- Teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience preferred.
- Knows how to make workshops interactive and engaging.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of email and Microsoft Word.
- Respectful of visitors’ knowledge, ideas and needs.
- Reliable, professional, and prompt.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to commit to all workshop dates
All candidates will have to take and pass a practice exam in the content they wish to teach.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume (PDF format preferred) via email to email@example.com. No phone calls or hard copy submissions, please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Native speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.