To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: email@example.com The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Bloomfield College is seeking a motivated, creative, ambitious Full-Time Residence Hall Director (RHD) to join our Residential Education and Housing Department (REH). This is a twelve-month live-on position managing a residence area of approximately 125 students within 4-5 co-educational residential facilities both on and off campus. The Residence Hall Director will supervise student Para-professionals in providing excellent services, programming initiatives, and support to residents. The position serves on a campus-wide crisis management duty rotation and is under the supervision of the Director of Residential Education and Housing.
The Residence Hall Director responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing developmental opportunities for residents through programming, advising, discipline, supervision, training and evaluation of student staff.
- Interpreting and enforcing College and residence halls policies and regulations.
- Identifying safety and security problems.
- Coordinating building maintenance and custodial concerns on behalf of residents.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree with at least two years’ experience working in Residence Life required; Master’s degree in student personnel, education, counseling, higher education administration preferred. Candidate must have strong organizational, communication and supervisory skills with a commitment to student development and first year experience. Candidate must have expertise in crisis management, program development, advising of diverse student groups and working with minority, non-traditional and international students.
The position includes on-campus housing, free parking and meals during the academic year.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three references with full contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 13, 2013.
Submissions by mail should be sent to:
Attn: Residence Hall Director Committee
208 Liberty Street, 1st Floor
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
No phone calls please.
Office of International Training and Professional Studies: International Global Programs Activities Coordinator
Reports To: Associate Director- International Programs of the Office of International Training and Professional Studies
The coordinator is a full-time position within the Office of International Training and Professional Studies of Bloomfield College. The coordinator provides administrative and logistical support to the department with close direction from the Assistant Directors of International Programs. They will assist in the coordination of the department’s transportation needs, orientations, plan program events/trips and assist students as needed. The assistant will support department staff members and problem solve as required. An essential area of responsibility is to provide support to all international students. Evening and weekend hours required, as well as driving students to/from places.
Principle Function and Responsibilities:
• Coordinates all the logistical needs of programs including, but not limited to, student housing arrangements, all details of transportation and scheduling of classroom space
• Assists in document gathering and processing of information as is related to international student visa status
• Handles all purchasing of materials and supplies as they apply to incoming international students
• Coordinates all events scheduled for programs including, but not limited to, preparing materials, scheduling speakers and space; and, all other details to ensure the success of each event
• Assist in registering students and processing students/instructor payments as needed
• Maintains orderly and updated file documentation for students
• Receives, registers and orients new and potential students as needed
• Participates in staff development activities, including regular staff meetings
• Works cooperatively with all other staff members including program instructors, both within the division and with the campus at large, to maximize the short and long term success of the programs
• Supports ITPS to create promotional materials
• Helps to problem solve across the organization
• Helps with design of new programs/services or concepts
• A requirement of this position will be to drive department vehicles when necessary
• Bachelor’s degree
• Valid driver’s license and a clean abstract
• Experience working with international students
• Available to work flexible day, evening and weekend hours
Must be detail oriented with strong customer/client service skills, able to communicate clearly and effectively, able to work independently with minimal supervision; and, able to work on various large projects simultaneously. Strong administrative skills, including MOS 2010.
Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Andrea Betro, Operations Coordinator, International Training & Professional Studies, Bloomfield College via email to email@example.com or fax to 973-743-3795.
Applications deadline: May 31, 2013
Anticipated start date: July 1,2013
Reports To: Vice President, Global Programs & Professional Studies
The assistant director of international student recruitment is a full-time position in the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS). The recruiter will have the primary responsibility to recruit international students through visits to foreign schools and other venues, as well as written and electronic communication including social media. The recruiter builds solid relationships with international candidates and schools through exceptional customer service. Evening and weekend hours are required.
• Recruit qualified international candidates through market research, cold calling, oral presentations, international agents, visits to US or international seminars and networking events.
• Determine and implement appropriate recruiting and marketing strategies for market, industry, skill set and region.
• Provide advising and support through the admissions process ensuring all international documents are complete.
• Establish new plus maintain relationships with candidates and global education professionals
• Schedule video conferences with prospective partners, institutions, and students to meet with ITPS staff.
• Develop and manage reports on recruitment related activities, outcomes and contacts.
• Bachelor’s degree required and 3+ years’ experience in recruiting international students at a university or intensive English program level.
• Ability to identify, interview, and present qualified candidates.
• Must possess strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, as well as in social media.
• Problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
• Globally connected with education recruiters and organization with a good reputation.
• Fluent in multiple languages preferred.
• Ability to secure passport for international travel, 50% required.
• Knowledge of visa regulations, including SEVIS reporting requirements, and the Department of Homeland Security regulations.
• Valid driver’s license required.
• US Citizen or Green Card required.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Andrea Betro, Operations Coordinator Bloomfield College, 467 Franklin Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003, fax: 973-743-3795, email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Anticipated start date is May 1, 2013
Submission deadline: April 15, 2013
Note: This is a repost, so please do not submit resume if you have already.
The Information Technology Department at Bloomfield College is looking to fill a full-time position in the Classroom Support area. Please send inquiries and resumes to: ResumesIT@Bloomfield.edu.
To serve as the primary level of technical support for technology used in academia. While working with faculty and students, the Support Technician images workstations for deployment and upgrades, maintains critical software, and troubleshoots issues while responding to service calls.
- Perform and monitor hardware and software setups in classrooms, labs, and student areas.
- Work with faculty to identify software needs for academic purposes, and ensure space is available for classes with appropriate resources.
- Analyze and resolve hardware issues, software compatibility, etc.
- Inventory and swap out computers as needed through lease cycles.
- Assist with smart classroom maintenance, digital presentation tools, and audio/visual components.
- Maintain technology resource uptime, and provide support for users when dispatched.
- Assist with administrative duties, event coordination, and training sessions.
- High School diploma and experience with computer maintenance. Must work well with others of various experience levels.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Windows operating systems, Office Suite, Internet Explorer and Firefox, and knowledge of node connectivity in a LAN environment (workstations, printers, instructor podiums, etc.).
- Familiarity with Java or similar programming language.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility to work with rotating schedules including days, evenings, and/or weekends.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.