Career Opportunities: Staff
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Office Assistant – Institutional Research and Assessment
Part time (10 hours per week)
Duties: Coordinate and administer faculty course evaluation system. Coordinate and administer freshmen survey, college
outcomes survey, and other college-wide surveys. Enter and administer surveys in Survey Monkey program. Perform data
entry. Type college-wide fact book and other reports. Conduct invoicing, photocopying, and other administrative duties.
Qualifications: Good administration, organization, and human relations skills. Good writing skills, and attention to detail.
Experienced with Microsoft Word and Excel.
Resumes should be sent to: email@example.com
Deadline: January 30th, 2017
The Center for Innovation in Teaching to Enhance Learning (CITEL) at Bloomfield College is seeking part-time Test Prep instructors for the Spring 2017 semester to teach the Science portion of the TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam for Nursing students. Instructors need to be available on Fridays during the day.
- Minimum M.S. or Nursing degree required.
- Teaching, tutoring or mentoring experience preferred.
- Knows how to make workshops interactive and engaging.
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of email and Microsoft Word.
- Respectful of visitors’ knowledge, ideas and needs.
- Reliable, professional, and prompt.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to commit to all workshop dates
- Must be available some evenings and weekends to teach
All candidates will have to take and pass a practice exam in the content they wish to teach.
Please send a brief cover letter and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or hard copy submissions, please.
The ESL instructors are part-time positions within the American Language Center at the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS) at Bloomfield College. Maximum 29 hours of teaching per week. Our ESL program offers small classes with customized instruction. There are 6 ESL levels and classes run for 8 week sessions year-round. We offer an integrated teaching approach in our program. We have daytime/evening sessions.
· Classroom management
· Utilizing appropriate standardized ESL curriculum, incorporating a variety of materials and teaching techniques to enhance student learning and outcomes, and to maintain student interest
· Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes and age groups
· Preparing and setting tests, examination papers, and exercises
· Marking and providing appropriate feedback on oral and written work
· Maintaining cooperative relationships and open communication with all staff and students
· Assisting students with improving proficiencies in basic skills
· Maintaining confidentiality of student records, personal information and organizational information at all times
· Counseling individual students on academic progress
· Participating in marketing and cultural events for the language school
· Organizing and getting involved in social and cultural activities
· Basic administration, such as keeping student progress and attendance records
· MA in related field plus 2 years’ experience teaching/teaching certificate from any state/or TEFL/TESOL certification
· Native speaker of English
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
· Keen attention to detail
· Ability to provide effective follow-up on individual activities in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
· Strong time management and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work well independently and in teams
· Track record of being able to produce work in a timely manner with flexibility when necessary to adapt to changing work conditions
· Experience with international students or educational exchange programming.
Competitive hourly salary commensurate with experience To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Soyun Park, Assistant Director of International Marketing and Operations at email@example.com
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.