Career Opportunities - Administrators
The Student Financial Services Senior Advisor is a full-time administrative position reporting to the Associate Director of Student Financial Services. This position requires involvement in all areas of student financial services and financial aid administration; including, but not limited to, the counseling of students and parents, processing of applications, packaging, and facilitating the use of financing options. The Senior Advisor will also manage specific financial services procedures and programs, support compliance, and complete special assignments as assigned.
· Responsible for processing aid applications and administering all financial aid programs - including federal, state, and institutional
· Provide and promote excellent customer service to students regarding all financial matters
· Responsible for understanding and adhering to federal, state, and institutional packaging methodology
· Perform Federal and State Verification and Professional Judgments
· Assist in ensuring regulatory compliance in all areas of financial aid- including federal, state, and college policies and guidelines
· Responsible for packaging and monitoring satisfactory progress for assigned student caseload
· Provide financial aid counseling services to students and families
· Assist with counter coverage - service students, families, and other visitors to Student Financial Services
· Receive phone calls coming into the SFS Office
· Proactively manage the student account receivable for the assigned caseload. Including sending reminder notices to apply for loans and/or payment plans. Working with students and families in the loan application process and or making satisfactory payment arrangements
· Participate in professional development workshops and admission events
· Participate in recruitment and retention events – (i.e.) high school financial aid presentations, student registration outreach, etc
· Evening and weekend hours as required
· Other duties as assigned
A Bachelor’s degree is required.The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of experience at the financial aid counselor level, a comprehensive knowledge of Title IV programs, needs analysis, R2T4 calculations and NJ financial aid regulations. Must be highly organized, know how to prioritize workflow, possess excellent customer service skills, and work as a team player. Experience with Datatel/Colleague, E-Administrator, COD, FAA Access, NSLDS, Elm preferred.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 467 Franklin Street, Bloomfield NJ 07003 attn: Breanne Simkin.