Career Opportunities - Administrators
To apply for an employment opportunity at Bloomfield College, all applicants should reply to person or office indicated at:
467 Franklin Street
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: (973) 743-3998 (unless otherwise indicated in specific job posting)
Email: Not all search committees accept emailed resumes, but where an email address is not given, you can often contact the person listed by using the format: firstname.lastname@example.org The Webmaster can in no case accept emailed resumes. They should be sent to the contact listed in the job description.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Admission, the Assistant Director of Admission assists the Director in all phases of the student recruitment and admission process including planning and implementing recruitment and admission efforts and strategies which advance the college’s commitment to excellence and diversity for traditional and non-traditional students. The Assistant Director is primarily responsible for recruiting traditional high school and transfer students from New Jersey to the College and assists in the responsibility of supervising several Admission Counselors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees the recruitment of all New Jersey traditional, freshmen and transfer students and assists in supervising Admission Counselors.
- Recruits students, using prospect lists and responding to inquiries from students seeking admission to Bloomfield College’s degree programs.
- Recruits freshmen and transfer students to the full and part-time programs and maintains oversight of all New Jersey recruitment as well as any additional territories assigned by the Director of Admission.
- Conducts monthly file review sessions of all incomplete and accepted students to efficiently manage the overall admission and increase the yield of undergraduate students.
- Reviews applications, interviews students and makes admission and scholarship decisions based on Bloomfield College admission policies and utilizes all available communication tools to ensure completion of applications.
- Assists in the preparation of and participates in all on-campus recruiting events.
- Conducts Admission and Financial Aid presentations and on-site visits.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with High School Guidance, Transfer and other school officers.
- Holds training sessions for members of the Office of Admission to ensure that all counselors are trained in the Colleague, Hobsons and the admission policies and procedures of Bloomfield College.
- Supervises the counseling staff in the absence of the Director of Admissions and/or fellow Assistant Directors.
- This position requires significant travel in the fall and spring.
BA/BS degree (MA/MS preferred) and a minimum of three years experience in higher education or related field (preferably in a traditional recruitment environment). Candidates must possess strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills, and outstanding customer service skills; be capable of prioritizing and managing multiple tasks; demonstrate a strong understanding of management and leadership characteristics; thrive in a consultative role; and have the ability to motivate others. Previous supervisory experience; call center experience; and proven leadership skills preferred. Knowledge of advising, admissions, and enrollment services a plus.
Deadline to apply: January 5, 2015
Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Office of Enrollment Management and Admission
1 Park Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
No phone calls.
Of the three references, two must be from previous supervisors.
The assistant director of international student recruitment is a full-time position in the Office of International Training and Professional Studies (ITPS). The recruiter will have the primary responsibility to recruit international students through visits to foreign schools and other venues, as well as written and electronic communication including social media. The recruiter builds solid relationships with international candidates and schools through exceptional customer service. Evening and weekend hours are required.
- Recruit qualified international candidates through market research, cold calling, oral presentations, international agents, visits to US or international seminars and networking events.
- Determine and implement appropriate recruiting and marketing strategies for market, industry, skill set and region.
- Provide advising and support through the admissions process ensuring all international documents are complete.
- Establish new plus maintain relationships with candidates and global education professionals
- Schedule video conferences with prospective partners, institutions, and students to meet with ITPS staff.
- Develop and manage reports on recruitment related activities, outcomes and contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree required and 3+ years’ experience in recruiting international students at a university or intensive English program level.
- Ability to identify, interview, and present qualified candidates.
- Must possess strong organizational, written and oral communication skills, as well as in social media.
- Problem solving in a fast-paced environment.
- Globally connected with education recruiters and organization with a good reputation.
- Fluent in multiple languages preferred.
- Ability to secure passport for international travel, 50% required.
- Knowledge of visa regulations, including SEVIS reporting requirements, and the Department of Homeland Security regulations.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- US Citizen or Green Card required
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package.
To apply please send cover letter, resume and references to Andrea Betro, Operations Coordinator Bloomfield College, 467 Franklin Street, Bloomfield, NJ 07003, fax: 973-743-3795, email:email@example.com
Anticipated start date is January 1, 2015.
Submission deadline: November 30, 2014
Bloomfield College, a 145-year old college of 2,000 plus students seeks a part-time (9 months), experienced professional for the position of Part-time Chaplain. The Chaplain is expected to serve as pastor to students, faculty, and staff by bearing witness to the redeeming love of God and serving the campus community out of the strength of Christian convictions. The Chaplain will be responsible for fostering and nurturing students’ spiritual growth and development during the years of living and learning at Bloomfield College. The Chaplain will also be responsible for the creation of a dynamic religious life environment on campus that includes spiritual and personal counseling, prayer service at special events, coordination of discussions on religion and spirituality, and other activities which honor the rich diversity of faith perspectives within the College community. The Chaplain will also work toward strengthening and maintaining the relationship between the College and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and other religious groups and organizations. The Chaplain is an integral part of the Wellness team which is comprised of Health Services, Counseling and Spiritual Life.
Excellent communication skills are essential, along with a high level of organization, leadership, interpersonal relations, and the ability to manage multiple priorities.
The Chaplain should be an ordained minister of Word and Sacrament, Presbyterian Church (USA). Work experience in an educational setting is preferred.
To be considered, interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of three professional references to Rose Mitchell, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, Bloomfield College, 208 Liberty Street, Bloomfield, New Jersey 07003, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application and search process deadline is September 8, 2014.
Bloomfield College is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.