Career Opportunities - Administrators
Job Summary: Reporting directly to the Director of Admission and Assistant Director of Admission for New Jersey recruitment, the Admission Counselor is responsible for the recruitment of freshmen and transfer students to Bloomfield College.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruits freshmen and transfer students to the day full and part-time programs and maintains oversight of one, New Jersey-based recruitment territory as assigned by the Director of Admission and Assistant Director of Admission .
- Reviews applications and makes admission decisions based on Bloomfield College admission policies.
- Makes periodic reports to the Director of Admission on the status of recruitment and the current enrollment of undergraduate students at Bloomfield College.
- Travels to high school and community based organizations and businesses as well as college fairs to recruit students.
- Conducts Admission and Financial Aid presentations and on-site visits.
- Maintains office hours during which time he/she is available to interview students, review applications, evaluate pertinent documentation and make admission decisions on assigned student applications.
- Maintain contact with applicants utilizing all available communication tools to ensure completion of the application and to increase yield of accepted students.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with high school and other guidance counselors/officers.
- Assist in the preparation of and participate in all on-campus recruiting events.
- Maintain event RSVP lists and confirm student attendance at admission events.
- Counsel students and their families on programs and services available at Bloomfield College.
- This position requires extensive travel in the fall and spring.
- Position requires working some evenings and any weekend enrollment management events.
Requires BA/BS degree; and a minimum of one year admissions experience. The candidate must have a valid driver's license and own a car that can be used for recruitment travel. Required skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability to quickly learn and utilize proprietary educational software, exemplary written and verbal communication skills, basic math ability, and excellent problem-solving skills. Individual should have good people skills with the ability help people feel at ease. Must function comfortably in a team structure and be able to speak before large and small groups with confidence.
Deadline to apply: September 15, 2016
Applicants should send a current resume, cover letter, and three professional references to:
Office of Enrollment Management and Admission
1 Park Place
Bloomfield, NJ 07003
Fax: 973-748-0916 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please no phone calls