Career Opportunities - Administrators
Duties and responsibilities of the Director of Institutional Communications and Campaign Marketing include but not limited to the following:
- Assist in campaign goal of increasing Bloomfield College’s visibility amongst alumni, friends, donors, local constituents and the general public.
- Create strategies for donor communications which deliver a positive donor experience.
- Assist in launching new fundraising channels, such as peer-to-peer and community fundraising.
- Execute media relations tactics, from media briefing to identification of pitching opportunities. Serve as primary media relations contact for the institution, administering day-to-day media relations strategies including faculty and division-specific news releases, press kits, and media requests.
- Design, create content, and coordinate production of the On the Green, the institution's official alumni magazine circulated to over 10,000 constituents.
- Produce and manage year-round editorial calendar of story opportunities to be pitched to external media contacts. As appropriate, distribute stories and content as part of an internal communications strategy.
- Manage the production and communication schedules for offline and online donor communications and appeals.
- Manage and produce on-line and social media correspondence to alumni and friends, to include fundraising campaigns, special events, programs and announcements, etc.
- Create and manage all content for alumni website and related Advancement publications.
- The Director of Institutional Communications will play a major role as the chief public affairs officer for the campus overseeing media relations, e-mail and digital marketing in efforts to advance the visibility of Bloomfield College.
- The Director is proficient in using a professional camera or can be easily trained.
- Successful fundraising experience working with direct marketing and online fundraising.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in marketing, business or communications, Masters preferred.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills.
- Strong track record of positioning an organization to achieve tangible outcomes in a competitive communications environment.
- Creative and resourceful, with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work in a collaborative, productive manner with diverse constituencies.
- Passion for the mission and values of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced and thriving office.
- Ability to work both independently and in a group setting with many difference areas of the institution.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, InDesign and/or other design programs and knowledge of Donor Perfect or other prospect management systems preferred.
Applicants can send their resumes and 3 references to: email@example.com
Bloomfield College is seeking an academic advisor/coaching counselor. The academic advisor/coaching counselor will report to the Registrar and Director of Advising.
- Advise/coach students as assigned;
- Evaluate transcripts for students transferring to Bloomfield College and input those credits into the system;
- Coordinate the Education program;
- Prepare enrollment reports for TEAC and Title II;
- Advise students in the Education Program;
- Contact students who have failed classes and change their schedules;
- Assist with first year, sophomore and junior checks;
- Assist with counter duties in the Registrar’s Office including attendance verification and the preparation of transcripts;
- Serve as a liaison to the Education Division; and,
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director.
Master’s degree required. Candidate should have experience with Elucian WebUI Colleague system, a record of progressively increasing responsibility, demonstrate creative problem solving, ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), excellent oral, written and communication skills, ability to work independently and proactively, accuracy and attention to detail, ability to work with a diverse group of people, knowledge of higher education laws including FERPA.
This is a 12 month position. Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, M, T, R & F; Wed- 10:00 am-6:00 pm.
Applicants must electronically submit (PDF format preferred) a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is January 19, 2016.
Bloomfield College is an affirmative action, equal-opportunity employer. The College is committed to achieving excellence through a diverse workplace and inclusive culture that encourages all people to reach their full potential. The College encourages applications and/or nominations of women, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities.